Friday, October 10, 2014

That's What They Said: Sweetness and Explanations

Amalia:  Mommy, you don't have to make me peanut butter and jelly anymore for a while.
Me:  No?
Amalia:  Yeah, I know it takes a long time to make it and cut the crust off and everything.  And I thought you might need a break.  (cheerfully)  Sooooo, I just won't have that for a while!
Me:  (stunned)  Aww, thank you, sweetie!  I'm happy to make that for you, though.



(As I was giving him his last kisses goodnight ...)
Baylor:  Mommy, do you know what the best part of me is?
Me:  No, what buddy?
Baylor:  The part of me that loves you.
(Then I turned into a puddle on the floor.)
Me:  Oh, sweetie, I love you, too!



(Amalia speculating on the way to school why two of her classmates went home together the other day ...)
Amalia:  Maybe their grandma is watching them so both of their moms can go get married.




Amalia:  Mommy, do you know what's funny about England people?
Me:  English people?  Like people from England?
Amalia:  Yeah, people from England.
Me:  What?
Amalia:  When they have two fish crackers in their hand and they say there is one.
Me:  What about it?
Amalia:  That's what's funny!

No comments: