Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bryson in Asia: Fall Fun

Fall in Michigan is just spectacular.  The colors of the leaves are brilliant beyond compare, and we are lucky enough to have two of the most beautiful trees right in our front yard.  Bryson was convinced that they wouldn't drop many leaves while he was away ... he was wrong.  But before they dropped, they were gorgeous.





Okay, even on the ground they still looked amazing.


Mollie decided to pick up a few, even though they were quite wet.


After naps, we went to Sietsema Orchards to snag some pumpkins.  




After checking out the main store, we went pumpkin picking.


Brave soul that I am, I ventured into the patch to do the picking.  The worst I encountered was deer poop and I got to see some pretty cool pumpkins in the process, so I can't complain.  (Interesting note:  some pumpkins have what appeared to be tiny thorns on their stems.  You learn something new every day.)


Baylor really wanted to hug his pumpkin, but it was a little wet and dirty and he had heard about the tiny thorns.

Same with Mollie.



I found this awesome pumpkin with green warts all over it, and it was a hit!  Nothing says "Halloween" quite like green warts, you know?


While Mom and I got the pumpkins weighed and loaded into the car, Christine entertained the kids on the porch swing.


And the kids got to choose tiny pumpkins as a special treat.



Getting to experience all these fall activities with the kids is a joy and a real privilege; I'm so thankful that Bryson goes to work for us (even if it's to the other side of the world), so I can stay home with the kiddos.

No comments: